Open 7 days

Pet Poison

If your pet ingests something that you are concerned about, you should contact your veterinarian or the Animal Emergency Centre as soon as possible to see whether treatment is required. Knowing your pets’ weight, what they have eaten, how much and when it was eaten is very helpful when having this discussion.

We do not recommend that you attempt to make your pet vomit at home. There are a couple of reasons for this:

Some poisons are caustic and will do further damage if the pet vomits them back up
Products which could be used to make animals vomit at home often are not successful and can be toxic themselves, especially if the pet does not vomit.

Click below if you would like to download an information sheet;

Verified by MonsterInsights