Better Pets and Gardens offers a rewarding environment to work, great products to support and a fabulous team of people to spend your work day with.
What is our Mission Statement?
To provide a quality, informative and friendly personal service in the sales of pet, animal and garden supplies.
What’s good about working at Better Pets and Gardens?
If you like a busy retail environment working with customers who are looking for excellent products and service for their pet and garden needs, this is the spot to be! Our teams are confident, friendly and interested people who really enjoy our products and customers.
The team helps each other in every way they can so you can count on being supported and mentored into your new job at Better Pets and Gardens.
We do heaps of training on the products we stock but if you have special experience and knowledge we would love you to share that with the rest of us so that we can learn from each other.
Our shops are clean and neat and well laid-out and we work hard every day to keep them looking that way so loving a broom and dustcloth will be a big help! As we stock, clean, serve and merchandise we also interact with the greatest group of people you will meet – OUR CUSTOMERS and STAFF.
What is the Job Criteria?
- Assisting customers with purchases & questions.
- Selling our products with informed product knowledge.
- Using a computerised checkout system.
- Unpacking orders & putting stock away.
- Promoting the CCC loyalty program.
- Counting and handling cash & EFTPOS.
- Tidying and cleaning the store and associated facilities.
- Interacting with a variety of animals.
- Attending product training & actively developing your own knowledge.
What else do I need to know?
- Our stores trade 7 days a week so weekend work is obligatory.
- Lifting and manual handling are part of the job.
- Working hours can differ. Check the opening hours of the store you are applying to.
Do Better Pets and Gardens advertise positions?
From time to time, we will advertise if positions become available but we will also hold job applications that we receive online or in-store to review should a candidate be suitable.
How do I apply?
So, if you are loaded up with energy and passion, have great interactive skills, enjoy working in a team, have a good work ethic and a love of animals or a strong interest in gardening, please submit your application, including your resume, online on our Contacts page or download our job application form and bring it into your nearest store.